Recipe of the week…
1 c. old-fashioned oats
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats and buttermilk. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to soften the oats.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract to the oat mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to the oat mixture and stir until just barely combined and flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups, filling each ¾ full.
- Bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove muffins to a cooking rack to cool completely.