Recipe of the week…
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 medium roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
3/4 cup chopped red onion
1 medium jalapeno pepper,* seeded if preferred for less heat, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
1 medium avocado, diced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, fill up a medium bowl with ice water, set aside.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and let cook just until pink and opaque, about 1 minute.
- Drain shrimp in a colander then transfer to ice water to cool for a few minutes.
- Drain well then chop shrimp into small pieces (about 1/2-inch).
- In a medium non-reactive bowl (you can use the same bowl that was previously filled with ice water) combine shrimp, lime juice, lemon juice, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to refrigerator and let rest 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Toss in cucumber and avocado and serve (if desired you can strain off some of the juices). It’s delicious with tortilla chips or over tostada shells.